Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Eric and Katie's Tahoe Wedding!!! - Beach Wedding Photography - Lake Tahoe Weddings

I love this wedding! Katie is a hairstylist and I met her at Leslie and Colts wedding a year ago to the date of Katie's Tahoe wedding. She was doing Leslie and the girls hair and make-up for the wedding. I was excited when Katie called me when she started planning her own wedding. It was almost the easiest wedding I ever booked...she saw my work in Leslie's album, on-line, and saw me in action and I am pleased to say booked me right over the phone. BUT...for me, since I had met Katie before, I knew that she was, what would you say, a little non-traditional in her appearance, so I knew I had to bring a cool edge to this wedding. I had a blast tyring new things...I also had a bride that was willing to take off her shoes, get her feet dirty (that's what the beach does) and was happy to dust off her dress a little after posing beautifully in the sand for us...so that ALWAYS helps!!! It was a pleasure photographing this wedding, and bringing my cool to the plate!!! Thanks guys!!!


This is Eric and Katie's dog...he was a big part of their day..though he wasn't very pleased about his tux!



I love these series pictures...if I could be a videographer sometimes I think I would..but I can't do both! So what I do instead is try to capture pictures in a way that tells the story in a series of pictures. I love capturing the emotion in pictures so that the viewer can almost feel like they are actually there.


The tying of the dresses train...


Here are Katie's beautiful formals...


And here are the beautiful girls...

Gotta love the high heel pumps on the beach. Katie actually got all the girls flip flops in the same leopard print so they could be more relaxed after the wedding...smart thinking!


And here are Eric and the boys getting all pretty too...


Gotta have the boys with their shoes too...


This picture was taken of Katie's text message to Eric about 2 minutes before she walked down the isle...


These next few pictures where taken during their as they recognized a few special people that came up to Tahoe on there anniversaries and birthday to celebrate the couples vows. (It was Leslie and Colts 1st anniversary!!! What a special way to celebrate! Congrats again guys!)

Here is the wedding party...we had a lot of fun with these...

Here are Katie and Eric's formals...

The rest of these were taken a little later just before sunset..they are just beautiful...


I could have stopped after the formals...but I just LOVED these dance pictures! Again because I love that each one shows a little of the story...ALMOST like a video...don't worry, I am NOT trading in my camera for video camera...not when I can make my photography look like this!!!


*The 2nd photographer who assisted me on this wedding was Shannon Edgar

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful wedding photography. I like it very much specially the wedding girl dress.


    Lake Tahoe Wedding Photographers

    ReplyDelete