Saturday, January 26, 2013

The wedding of Jessica and Drew

This wedding is a special one! My cousin Jessica married her best friend Drew and I was privileged to photograph their wedding! I still remember when she was born. She was the girl of a boy and girl set of twins! Blond haired blued eyed girl and brown headed little boy...just picture perfect! Because of them I grew up wanting a twin boy/girl set of my own! Once I had my first child I decided that was a dream I would gladly let go of!
 
So here we go...here is her twin brother Jon in the middle and her nephews on either side waiting for Jess to arrive for family pictures...
 
 
This was one of my favorite sequence of pictures...knowing the family, I know that my uncle is not the most emotional guys, or at least he has always hid that part well with a very rough and gruff exterior.  But I was standing right next to him when Jess appeared and saw the look on his face, it was of happiness and a happy sadness that I am sure all fathers experience when their baby girls get married...so I was ready as he made the walk to meet my aunt and Jess. Pictures do not even begin to describe the moment...
 
 
Here are the sweet pictures of Jess and her parents...


 
Here are the lovely girls...
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is Jess and her beautiful nieces...
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
And Jess by herself...
 
 
 
I decided to add a few extra family pictures for my family to enjoy!!! Here is the whole Asher clan...
 


 
Here come the boys pictures...




 
And we couldn't leave out Drew's beautiful family...
 

 
Here are my favorite parts of the ceremony...
this one of Jess walking down the isle with her dad...
 
 
My cousin Troy, Jess's brother was the awesome pastor for this wedding.
Jess saying her vows to Drew...
 
 
Drew saying his vows to Jess...

 
And the exchange of vows...



 
And this is my favorite picture of the day of all weddings...
 
 
Here are a few of Jess and Drew's pictures together...
 
 
 
 

 
 
On to my favorites at the reception...
...the introductions...
 

 
I LOVE it when first dances are fast and fun!!!
So I included LOTS of these!!! They are WAY too cute!
 

 
 


 
 



 
Father daughter dance...
 


 
Mother son dance...


 
And a very special mother daughter dance...
(my dad is in that far right corner standing looking on misty-eyed.)




 
Here is the perfect ending...

 

 



 

 
 
 
 

 
 






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment